Global Plastics Engineering Practice
Turn your innovative idea into a commercial product.
Our deep expertise in plastics material, molding, forming, welding, and finishing— combined with our highly regarded approach to design for manufacturing—enables our clients to produce products that excel in performance and profitability.
Explore our plastics engineering services.
Prototyping and manufacturing, from tens to millions
- Component, part, and system design
- Plastic materials selection
- Plastic component design to meet system-level requirements, such as thermal and structural specifications
- Tolerance analysis
- Critical feature analysis
Tooling sourcing, selection, and technical review
- Vendor sourcing and selection (tooling fabrication process and equipment capability)
- Match client requirements with tooling vendors and materials
- Tooling design review, including layout, cooling lines, and mold flow analysis
- Tool design approval before tooling is cut
- Tool fabrication management, including weekly status reports
- Support tool tryouts, first article inspections, and approval for production
Issue Analysis and Vendor Management
- Root cause analysis
- Solution(s) development and trade-offs
- Corrective action planning and implementation
- Vendor sourcing and selection (molding process and equipment capability)
- Process set up, tuning, and control; tool and process approval for production
- Inspection (QA, QC); ongoing QC from pilot to manufacturing
Learn how we solve engineering challenges.
Case study in reducing weight and cost, while improving ruggedness and designing for manufacturability in robotics design.download
Let's explore how to put our plastics expertise to work for you.contact us