Engineering Process Consulting
Learn how to optimize your engineering design processes—in real time.
With Acorn process consulting we work directly with you on a live development project and adapting our knowledge and experience to your existing culture and methodology, for immediately visible results. We don’t just help you design a better process for one product—we give you and your team the tools to successfully manage your product development from concept through production again and again.
Our team will take your product from inception through production, or we can lend our expertise at any phase of development.contact us
We take a holistic approach to process consulting.
Consulting tailored to your needs
- Establish and outline goals for the program—e.g., reduce development time, number of spins, faster transition to manufacturing, etc.
- Assessment of current drivers and identification of areas for improvement
- Plastic component design to meet system-level requirements, such as thermal and structural specifications
- Development of organization specific plan to improve product development
With you every step of the way
- We embed ourselves into your organization and processes to tailor our approach in each engagement in order to minimize disruptions and maximize impact
- Program planning and design reviews
- One on one discussions with engineering leads, managers, and line engineers on tasks such as vendor selection/qualification to transition to manufacturing
- Development of a plan to improve critical areas identified and bring your process development to the next level through design for manufacturability
Immediate measurable results
- Faster time to market
- Fewer design iterations
- Lower engineering costs through more efficient tooling and shorter development time
- Development of products that meet cost, performance, reliability, and manufacturability goals
- Reduced risk
Assessments to maximize effectiveness
Assessment is a key component of our engineering process consulting and achieving an individualized approach for your company to maximize effectiveness in product development. Our assessment will aim to evaluate and improve:
- Organization skill sets, both technical and non-technical, and their strengths and weaknesses
- Communication within engineering as well as with other groups
- Supplier/CM assessment processes
- Transition to manufacturing
- Approval processes and gates
- Management's role
- Vendor, supplier, CM, management, and manufacturing transition processes
Organization-specific plan to give your teams the tools required for future success
- Establish an executable plan and timeline
- Identifying and prioritizing areas to meet top goals
- Developing measurement criteria
- Applying technology specific approaches, such as:
- Utilizing tolerance analysis more effectively, and providing hands on training for tolerance analysis
- Implementing more simulation and analysis prior to prototyping
- Using DFMA tools to understand and optimize assembly costs
Using DFMA tools to understand and optimize assembly costsLive Plan Implementation
The challenge for any organization seeking to improve is the implementation of change—we work with you to implement the recommended changes required (vs. just handing you a report with recommendations) to bring your development process to the next level and minimize disruption, including.
- Participation in design review meetings
- Working with engineering and operations on tasks such as vendor selection/qualification to transition to manufacturing
- Project planning/tracking
- Addressing design and manufacturability issues
Learn how we solve engineering challenges.
Case study in reducing weight and cost, while improving ruggedness and designing for manufacturability in robotics design.download
Let's explore how to put our expertise to work for you.contact us